Alright, gonna do that survey that has been passed around, next week I swear there will be some rad recipes and fun vegan goodness.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Unsweetened Almond Breeze for almost everything except for hot chocolate where Chocolate almond breeze is rad. Rice Dream for granola, though. Vanilla, please.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
1.) Vegan Potpie-yet to be created 2.) Vegan caramel apple pie 3.) Vegan pumpkin pie ...PIE!
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
EB and Nooch.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Everything I 'cooked' as a child.
5. Favorite pickled item?
Garlic, or cornichons.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
Bookmarks, cookbooks, scrawled sheets of paper
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Ramen with nooch and EB and black pepper, Buffalo Tofu, And some sort of pasta/macaroni salad
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Real mexican food prepared by my dad, artichokes with italian dressing, and fish and chips.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Pure Decadence cookie dough, or currently Herrell's No Moo Elvis' Favorite-Banana with PB swirl.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
A good sharp knife. And my kitchen-aid mixer.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
My first baking book, by...um? Well, there's a teddy bear on the front.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Vegan Mac and Cheeze
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Microwave, Cake store-er.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Oats, Flour, Dandylion leaf stems
20. What's on your grocery list?
Almond milk, Earth Balance, English Muffins, Kashi cereal or Capn Crunch Cereal, Tofu, Nutritional Yeast, Vegan Ice Cream, occasional herbs or veggies-but not much-I get a veggie delivery.
21. Favorite grocery store?
The local co-op-River Valley Market, but I hit Cornucopia a lot cause it's close and has bulk nooch.
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Vegan Yum Yum, Vegan Dad, Food Gawker
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I don't really do extravagant, but I did do a really big purchase of groceries for a vegan potluck last week.
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
not scared of anything!! Bring it on!!